Monday, March 07, 2005

International Women's Day 2005

International Women's Day is March 8th, 2005!

This marks the 94th year that women all over our global community will celebrate the power of women to create change. Women, mobilizing and motivating each other, have accomplished things that none of us could do alone.

When people say that women are competitive, I say that women make me elevate myself to a higher level than I might on my own.

When people say that women are "pleasers", I say that women show me the power of being kind even when I don't feel like it.

To women everywhere: Thank you for sharing your gifts. Thank you for reaching out. Thank you for noticing, for asking, for listening, for doing, for accepting, and for expecting more. I admire your resolve, your insight, and your ability to find a way.

I think Maya Angelou said it best:
"Now you understand
Just why my head's not bowed.
I don't have to shout or jump about
Or have to talk real loud.
When you see me passing
It ought to make you proud.
I say,
It's in the click of my heels,
The bend of my hair,
The palm of my hand,
The need for my care.
'Cause I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman.
That's me."

Happy International Women's Day. Thank you for making me who I am!

Sally Bacchetta

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home