Monday, December 12, 2005

Pesky Brothers

I'm proud to share this poem by a special guest author, 10 year old Samantha Swantek. Sam earned Top Honors for Pesky Brothers in Florida's Spring 2005 A Celebration of Young Poets Competition. This is Samantha's first published work, and I look forward to reading more from this talented young writer.

Pesky Brothers
Pesky Brothers, like no others,
sometimes they can make me shudder.
Grubby, shouting,
lots of pouting.
Little brothers climb the stairs,
they make my mom glare and glare.
Greasy cups and grimy bowls,
my dad says they were raised by wolves.
Murky bath water,
bloody toes.
Don't come near me with that runny nose!
They even share dirty clothes!
Then again, they can be cute.
Even when they burp and toot.
They can really make me smile.
Their hugs are longer than the Nile.
Loveable, snuggable and oh so huggable.
Meet Nick and Jack, they're 6 and 3.
They make life real interesting for me.
Pesky brothers some of the time,
I'm their big sister and I'm glad they're mine!

Sally Bacchetta - Freelance Writer © 2005

6 Comments:

At 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Aunt Sal! One thing... you forgot to mension how old I was!

 
At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

 
At 6:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

 
At 5:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Easy to find helpful information. Congratulations!
- sallypoetry.blogspot.com v
07 car civic honda
buy used car
car undefined used
used car bergen
used car oakland
used car greensboro
used car raleigh
used car killeen
used car vallejo
used car tacoma

 
At 2:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for my post .Where i can watch more info about?

 
At 5:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ego ops slow environment per working added wo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home